Ninjatrader uses a very specific process to make it easy for individuals to know how to upgrade NinjaTrader Indicators, Strategies and other software. This process is quite simple and takes only a few clicks of the mouse. In this article we are going to discuss how to upgrade your NinjaTrader Software step by step, as well as why these steps are necessary.
We are going to assume that you have already installed a previous version of software into your NinjaTrader Platform, as well as downloaded the new version of software that you wish to install. An example of "software" would be a 3rd party indicator (PFA Zoning MTF) or strategy (SD Model).
To get started you will want to follow the steps below exactly as they are.
Remove Old Version of Trading Software:
2. Click File / Utilities / Remove NinjaScript Assembly...
3. Select the Previous Version of Software Which you are Upgrading. Please note there may be several in the list, you will only need to select and remove the software in which you are upgrading! If other software is removed you will no longer be able to use it until you re install that version. In this case if we wanted to upgrade to a new version of the "PFA Zoning" we would select PFAZoning from the list by left clicking, then click "Remove".
4. Confirm that you wish to Remove the NinjaScript Assembly by selecting "Yes"
5. Close the NinjaTrader Platform
6. Install You New Software. Please note that depending on the 3rd party you received the software from, you may be able to use an installer (.exe) or you may need to use the NinjaTrader Import Process.
7. Start the NinjaTrader Platform
That's it, you're all done and your new software should be installed. Now let us look at why we should know how to upgrade NinjaTrader Indicators, Strategies and other software. By taking the steps above to remove the previous software, there will not be any coding errors due to duplicated code and the new software will run with ease. If any of the steps are not taken your new script / software may not work properly and/or have errors that are being caused by multiple files with consistent code.